.

“The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”--Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring into Summer Wishlist: Clothing Edition

As all of the fun spring catalogs have been arriving in my mailbox, I have begun to make my seasonal wishlist.  I will be traveling a bit for work this summer, so topping my list are a few new dresses and pieces that will work for work, and of course some fun weekend options.

Vineyard Vines' Xanadu Shift Dress--navy and white with gorgeous applique and trim? If my wedding was this summer this would be a major contender for bridal luncheons or showers, but I can't imagine having it sit in my closet that long, so I may need to make this work appropriate with a cardigan and nude pumps.

Behold, some of the cutest pants ever made in hot pink eyelet.  I have a ton of pairs of Cafe Capris from J.Crew, and they're perfect for my work with silk blouses, tunics, and button downs, and with tees or tanks on the weekends.

I have definitely regretted not snapping up anything in last year's Derby print from Vineyard Vines.  I love the Bitsy top in this year's print with white jeans.

I think I've lusted after this coat to almost all of my friends already. The Camila's gold buttons and stripes make it over-the-top perfection for throwing over jeans and tees and dresses whenever there's a chill or a breeze.

I practically live in Lilly's knit dresses during the summer (or anytime I'm running late to work!) and the ruffle sleeves on the Maya  may let me get away without a cardigan as long as it's not too short.

Madras screams summer and I love the blues and greens in this great dress from Lands End Canvas.

As I already have one lovely lobster skirt, is another in red (with a very different cut) too much? I'm guessing no if it's this adorable one from Anthro.
 I always love Lilly toile (with the Jubilee pink one being at the top of my list), and the Allura dress is simple enough to let the print shine.

I'd like to wear the Milly Calais dress out this weekend, please and thank you.

The Millie would match practically anything making it a bit more air-conditioned office appropriate-- especially as pink is a neutral, right?

I love everything about this outfit, and it'd be perfect to wear to baseball games this summer. In fact, I probably have all of the other items already, so just need to add the cute terry mini and I could wear my fun madras topsiders I got last summer.

 I have joined the ranks of the rest of the blogosphere by yearning for a pair of mint jeans (or anything that color, really), and this pair looks perfect with the ankle zipper and cropped length.

This rope necklace tee would probably end up being another one of the striped tees I wear to death with cropped pants.

Stay tuned for my accessories favorites!  What is on your spring/summer clothing wishlist?

10 comments:

  1. Whoa you have lots of fun things on your list!

    Lucky that you can wear Lilly to work!!!

    Isn't it so fun dreaming of shower and luncheon dresses for your wedding?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! Love the pink eyelet Cafe Capris from J.Crew, the Camila coat and mint jeans. You have wonderful taste!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. DYING over those pink eyelet pants! I just added them to my need list. And you know how I feel about that Lilly coat...and all Lilly for that matter. ;) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want it all. If only Lilly fit me properly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying over those pink pants. Great picks girly! Hope you can stop by and say hi sometime honey! Today's post is all about Mad Men fashion! Kori xoxo

    www.blondeepisodes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute stuff! Those eyelet pants are the cutest thing I've seen in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love that first dress. And I've been avoiding Lilly Pulitzer's website since I gave up clothes shopping for Lent. I know as soon as I see some of the new arrivals I'll be pulling out my credit card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantabulous choices!
    The pink eyelet pants make me drool!
    Snapping up Lilly left and right here, can't get enough!!!
    You have wonderful taste in my opion.

    Love and Hugs,
    Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have the best taste. Please some style me!

    Those pink eyelet cropped pants ... they earn my "favorite" vote.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG that jacket. I'm like, incapable of thinking with that jacket on my mind. But definitely agree with the J.Crew denim. I think I might need to get a pair...

    ReplyDelete