.

“The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”--Audrey Hepburn

Friday, June 10, 2011

The Most Perfect Summer Cookies Ever.

I am so excited to be participating in Daphne's Recipe Swap this week!



I was drooling when I first saw the recipe for s'mores cookies here, but in reality, they were so much better than I could have imagined.

Ingredients:
11 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 ½ cups flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
3 regular sized Hershey’s bars, broken into pieces
1-2 packages graham crackers, broken into squares

Directions:

1.  First, make a cookie dough batter.

a.  In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon to combine. Set aside.

b.  In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter with white and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.

c.  Add the flour mixture to the butter mixer and combine on low speed.

d.  Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
2.  Put the dough in the fridge as you prep a pan by lining it with parchment paper and then as many graham crackers as will fit.  I did a few little graham crackers, but mostly squares.  

3.  Preheat the oven at 375.  After letting the dough cool for a little, (I did an hour for a batch and overnight for another, and agree--it makes no difference in cooling time) scoop it onto the graham crackers that are on the pan.  You can try doing different amounts of dough to see what cookie to graham ratio you like best.  I liked a lot of cookie, so used large rounded tablespoons.  
  4.  Cook at 375 for 5-7 minutes.  They will look gooey and delicious.


5.  Take the cookies out and add Hershey's squares to each of the cookies.  (I also tried to "clean up" any messy cookies that were creeping onto neighboring grahams.)


6.  Put back in the oven and cook for 3-5 more minutes (Total 8-12 minutes depending on the gooey-ness desired.)

7.  Let cool before breaking apart (or cutting) into squares.  Try not to eat the entire pan.


Happy happy Friday!

20 comments:

  1. OMG. I am babysitting my nephews this weekend and it is supposed to rain all weekend. These would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there visiting from Let's Eat Friday ... these are amazing and no fire pit required ... great for making with little ones , when its raining outside ... or anytime!!! YUM!! HHL

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh these just stole my heart away! They are perfect in every way. I love it! Visiting from FF&P. Your blog is great! Love the name

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh these just stole my heart away! They are perfect in every way. I love it! Visiting from FF&P. Your blog is great! Love the name

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look simply divine. Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG......how fun are these? Look delish & funnnnnn!!

    Thanks for linking up today and back sweetie.

    After looking at your coding in the post,(for the badge) looks like when you c/p all the code didn't copy. It's missing something at the beginning. (THAT CODE IS GOIG TO BE THE DEATH OF ME! Its so longgggg)

    Have a great weekend and thanks again for playing today!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there,

    Thank you for the recipe.

    Have a great weekend.

    Cheers,

    Coastal Blue Ocean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from FF&P and this looks OH SO YUMMY! {Especially when you're almost 9 months pregnant :)} I'm definitely going to have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow do those look amazing and dangerous! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shut the front door!!!!! Those look AWESOME!!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier, come back anytime!!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy Moly! I cannot wait to bake these for baking with my niece and nephew. YUMMY! Stopping by from FF&P's Let's Eat Link Up. I just got around to posting today. If you like tomatoes...check out my tomato pie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this on Flip Flops and Pearls and I had to come over and read this recipe. I'm not even sure if it's safe for me to make this....I might eat them all! Smores are my favorite dessert ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cookies are DANGEROUS looking...sigh. Thanks for sharing the recipe though...they'll be fun to bring to parties! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG these look sooo yummy! I'm soo jealous right now!

    xo katie elizabeth
    ohheyylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY WORD!!! These look absolutely heavenly. I definitely need to make them ASAP thanks so much for sharing!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness they look wonderful! Now I really want to make them.

    xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete