I am so excited to be participating in Daphne's Recipe Swap this week!
I was drooling when I first saw the recipe for s'mores cookies here, but in reality, they were so much better than I could have imagined.
11 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 ½ cups flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
3 regular sized Hershey’s bars, broken into pieces
1-2 packages graham crackers, broken into squares
1. First, make a cookie dough batter.
a. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon to combine. Set aside.
b. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter with white and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
c. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixer and combine on low speed.
d. Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
2. Put the dough in the fridge as you prep a pan by lining it with parchment paper and then as many graham crackers as will fit. I did a few little graham crackers, but mostly squares.
3. Preheat the oven at 375. After letting the dough cool for a little, (I did an hour for a batch and overnight for another, and agree--it makes no difference in cooling time) scoop it onto the graham crackers that are on the pan. You can try doing different amounts of dough to see what cookie to graham ratio you like best. I liked a lot of cookie, so used large rounded tablespoons.
4. Cook at 375 for 5-7 minutes. They will look gooey and delicious.
5. Take the cookies out and add Hershey's squares to each of the cookies. (I also tried to "clean up" any messy cookies that were creeping onto neighboring grahams.)
6. Put back in the oven and cook for 3-5 more minutes (Total 8-12 minutes depending on the gooey-ness desired.)
7. Let cool before breaking apart (or cutting) into squares. Try not to eat the entire pan.
Happy happy Friday!